From:
Mary Thorpe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mary Thorpe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Dec 2011 14:58:29 -0500

I just came upon a ratings list of breakfast cereals:
http://cornucopia.org/cereal-scorecard/  It does NOT rate on the basis of
being gluten free at all but you can find your favorite gf cereal maker on
the list and see how it rates with respect to being organic and GMO (if that
is of interest to you).  Click on the mfr. name and you will see in detail
what goes into their score.  Somewhat unfortunately they use sheaves of
wheat for their rating symbol!  Be that as it may, I was pleased to see that
Nature's path cereals which are the ones I consume most often (getting them
by the crate with free shipping from Amazon.com at a cheaper price than from
the health food store) got a 5 sheaves rating, a perfect score.   On the
other hand, some my other choices- General Mills (Chex), Kelloggs (gf Rice
Krispies), Bakery on Main Granola- are not organic at all, not that they
claim to be, though the latter is at least non-GMO.  Some of Bob's Red Mills
products are organic and some are not but they are also non-GMO.  It made me
think more about my choices.

Mary in upstate NY