Date:
Fri, 31 Aug 2012 22:04:31 -0500

We had a wonderful trip to Grand Rapids to enjoy the quilt show!

The responses I received are copied below.  We had very good luck eating out
by going with these suggestions and also using our Find me Gluten Free phone
app.

We ate at the following:

Logan's Steak house - gf menu

PF Changs - gf menu

Panera Bread - no gf menu but a complete allergen ingredient list

Angel Thai - awesome Chicken pad thai with cucumber sauce!

Bobarino's - tasty gf pizza and pasta

Brick Road Pizza Co - great GF pizza and Awesome  GF Cheesey garlic bread
with marinara sauce - and - a gf monster cookie!!!!!!

We also had a great experience in the dining area of the Amway convention
Center.  When we enquired about gf options they were amazingly helpful.
They had a few options the first day but let us know that since we had asked
they made some changes in the menu and created gf fried rice for the rest of
the week.  I thought that was above and beyond - and absolutely more care
than I have ever encountered in a large group dining area.

I can't wait to go back next year  and try some of the places we missed.

Thanks again to everyone on this list for making travel so much less
stressful!!

Becky in Tx

We visit once a year.  My favorite restaurants are San Chez (great gf
bread), Bar Divani and Leo's.  You probably can look at the menus online.
They all have been very gluten friendly.  Have fun and let me know if you
hear of any other great gf restaurants.

Grand Rapids has a huge GF following, so it should not be hard to find a GF
menu anyplace downtown!  If you have a car, and like "quirky" places, we
LOVE Marie Catribs    http://mariecatribs.com/  It is not all GF, but they
do an awesome job with all allergies and GF is a specialty--even GF bread
that is awesome!!!!!!!   Also, if you are wanting an all GF bakery
http://www.yelp.com/biz/coco-charlotte-bakery-kentwood  is the place.
Enjoy!

We have some reviews for the Grand Rapids area on our website,
GlutenFreeTravelSite ( http://www.glutenfreetravelsite.com
<http://www.glutenfreetravelsite.com/>  ), which is a website containing
thousands of user-submitted GF dining and travel reviews, searchable by
location.

Simply visit our Search/Mapping page (
http://glutenfreetravelsite.com/maps/map-locator.php ) and enter Grand
Rapids into the Search Box. You'll get a list of restaurants, bakeries, etc.
that have been reviewed. Click on any business to see it highlighted on the
map and to link to the user-submitted review.

We eat at Angel's Tai Food across from the Rosa Parks Plaza.  Sorry I don't
know the street but it is on a diagnoal street from the Amway.