From:
Peter Ekkerman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Aug 2012 19:10:44 -0400
Hi DeLyle,

Simplest thing to do first, is to revert to an earlier date before this started happening.

This will exclude recent Updates being the culprit.

If still the same ,then check into the other areas shown below.

Check this link

http://windows7themes.net/windows-7-unsaved-theme-bug.html

Defaulting to basic Windows theme is often the case if the computer

doesn't have enough "resources" to support more advanced settings for wallpaper,

Aero and the like.

This can/will  happen from the start on an underpowered machine,

but also if there's a change in RAM, size of paging file (too small) and if your disk

is very full and doesn't allow a proper paging file to be created.

Check RAM ,Power Supply voltages, ventilation openings for blockage,

temperature of CPU and other CPU specs.

Another reason might be a corrupted or damaged User profile,

which could be "repaired" by creating a new profile and transferring your personal data to it.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/Windows7/Fix-a-corrupted-user-profile

Peter E.