VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
David Goldfield <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Goldfield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 May 2014 12:00:30 -0400
This was just discussed in detail during the last installment of FS’s
monthly podcast.  I don’t own one of these displays but I do see this as
a very nice convenience if you use both a Windows/Mac computer as well
as an iOS device.
Freedom Scientific Announces Power 1 2 3!
(St. Petersburg, Florida – May 28, 2014) – Freedom Scientific introduces
Power 1 2 3 for its Focus 14, 40, and 80 Blue braille displays. This new
feature allows you to quickly and easily switch between an active USB
connection with a computer and a Bluetooth connection to a smartphone,
tablet, or another computer running JAWS.
“This is an awesome feature!” says Ron Miller, Blindness Hardware
Product Manager.  “I can be working on a Microsoft Word project, or
other task, using my Focus Blue braille display connected to my PC
through its USB port, and by pressing DOTS 1-2-3, quickly switch to my
iPhone to send or respond to a text message, refer to info I have on my
phone, or even read the caller ID before I answer an incoming call.”
Power 1 2 3 is available in the latest Focus Blue firmware update. For
more details and instructions to download and install this feature on
your Focus 14, 40, or 80 Blue braille display, visit the Focus Blue
Firmware Update Web page.
(This update is not intended for use on the Classic Focus 40 Blue
braille display.)
About Freedom Scientific
Freedom Scientific is the leading worldwide provider of assistive
technology products for those with vision impairments. The Company sells
its products worldwide and has offices in Florida and Switzerland. The
Company's products have been translated into 24 languages and are
available in 55 countries. Freedom also has a line of software products
for those with learning disabilities.
Freedom Scientific® and JAWS® are registered trademarks in the United
States and/or other countries. The names of actual companies and
products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
Please like us on Facebook, or follow us on Twitter, or both if you prefer.

--
David Goldfield,

      Founder and Peer Coordinator,
Philadelphia Computer Users' Group for the Blind and Visually Impaired
Feel free to visit my new Web site
http://www.davidgoldfield.info/

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]