From:
Victor Dolcourt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Victor Dolcourt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 May 2013 22:06:33 -0700

Dear Listmates,

While browsing through yet another gluten free cookbook on the "new books"
shelves of the library, we came across a very different pizza crust -
nearly 100% buckwheat or quinoa. Although we have learned some tricks to
cooking with quinoa grain, it is not my favorite in bread. So, the question
became: can a good pizza crust be made from buckwheat? It's great for
pancakes with lots of maple syrup, but pizza?

You have to shift gears a little, but a buckwheat pizza crust is great with
a nice, thick garlicky pizza sauce. We also tasted the crust as a
flatbread, and it is good, too. This chewy pizza crust is easy to make and
doesn't use any hard-to-get ingredients. Here it is. Just navigate to http:
bit.ly/GF_Bake (equivalent to
http://home.comcast.net/~vhdolcourt/gfbaking), scroll down to pizza,
and it is the 3rd entry.

Please let us know if you try this unusual flat bread or pizza crust.

Vic-Sunnyvale, Ca
Find out what is happening in Northern California
www.celiaccommunity.org