From:
Geoffrey Purcell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Jun 2012 21:06:33 +0100

The trouble with photos and videos is that they can be amazingly deceptive. This is not just because of the use of photoshopping and lighting and make-up.  For example, I have a few photos of me, while on junk-food diets over 13 years ago, where I looked very fat and jolly, but I was actually deathly ill at the time. By contrast, after I'd been going rawpalaeo for 6 months, I had photos of me with  bloodshot eyes which made me look very sickly/tired, yet, by that stage, I'd by then recovered from a very large number of past illnesses and was still recovering/healing.

Cordain  is one of the few palaeodiet researchers who likes to constantly cite numerous studies to back up his claims.  He's also amazingly honest. I was surprised to find him  actually stating, in one article, that he acknowledged the harm done by cooking re heat-created toxins, though his solution was simply to go in for slow-cooking. He also changes his stance if he thinks he's wrong, which a number of  other dietary gurus don't seem to be capable of.

Geoff.