Date:
Mon, 2 Jul 2012 15:49:30 -0400
This bill has nothing to do with CC&R (covenants and restrictions).  Those
are a matter of property law and are typically enforced by homeowners'
associations.

All the Illinois law appears to do is implement PRB-1, which has been
longstanding FCC doctrine since 1985.  PRB-1 said that a community cannot
implement unreasonable restrictions that interfere with ham radio.  The
Illinois law might expand on that slightly, in that they can only put in
height conditions apparently on certain conditions, but it only covers
municipalities.

The ARRL has pursued a bill in Congress to outlaw restrictive CC&R's, but I
don't know what the status of that bill is offhand.