VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Colin Howard <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Colin Howard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Jul 2012 13:07:58 +0100
Harry,

In the past when I have written to you personally, as a result of your
asking for GW help via the list, you haven't replied.  I wonder if you
received my emails?  Not sure if I still have them but will check my trash,
so, this time, I am writing both personally and via the list.

As for doing things in GW, which version are you running?  I am using V5.67,
the latest version - I have just checked and no updates available. I
recently converted from V5.58 which I used successfully since august 2010 I
believe it was.

Do you have the appropriate Jaws scripts installed and compiled?  If not,
matters do become more difficult though all the versions of GW I've used
since V5.12 do work straight out of the box but the scripts always make the
program work more accessibly.

So, you want to delete audio from a file?  Well, it's simple.  Open the
file, by default the whole sound is selected, so simply press the delete key
and the audio is gone, save file then delete the file with the usual delete
key.

As for your comments about the manual, I feel you are being very unfair as
chris is extremely approachable and if you cannot find anything you
understand in either the help system or manual, both of which I find easy to
use (with Windows XP Home, Jaws 10 on the laptop and 11 on the desktop) he
can give help but I must admit he does not suffer fools gladly, so when
appproaching him, be tactful, concise and give fullest technical information
such as version being used Etc.

His email address is:

Colin Howard, living near Southampton in Southern
England.

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]