VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dorene Cornwell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 15 Aug 2011 14:57:24 -0400
Hi Harry

I did not listen to the podcast so apologies if this is answering a
quetion other than they one you asked:

--There is one Kindle client for the PC that anyone would need to
download to read Kindle content on the PC. It has no TTS engine and I
cannot remember whether the basic functions even interact with screen
readers.

--There is a separate Accessible Kindle client that interacts with
screen readers that I think has a TTS engine itself AND interacts with
whatever screen readers it supportts (JAWS and NVDA I think)

Is this enough to answer your question?

DoreneC