From:
Jim Gammon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Oct 2012 08:42:38 -0700
Hi John, well, I have owned a Vr500 since the late 1990's and use
it enough or not enough so I have to review the procedures of how
to use the thing when I get it out and put batteries in it.  I
like the radio, but I only complaint is that the back case has
developed a crack in it if I leave the double a batteries in for
too long.  I have had to replace it twice but fortunately Yaesu
sells  it for not too much.  For many years, before I got my
Ts-480, the Vr500 was my only SWL receiver.  Jim WA6EKS -----