From:
colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Jul 2012 11:35:59 -0600
if you look at the impedance range between an internal auto tuner, and an
external one, usually the external one is much higher, that is, it'll tune a
far higher impedance in ohms than the internal.
Though as was said, I think the newer internal tuners are pretty close now.
Especially the elecraft internal option that will tune up to a 1400ohm miss
match.
The ldg z100 for instance does up to 1000 ohms I think.
The tuner in the ts2000 does up to something like 300 ohms.
nothing will beat an old palstar tuner with the massive rollers though lol.
Or a heathkit or whatever.
Even MFJ has some big 2KW manual tuners that will tune damn near anything.

73
Colin, V A6BKX