From:
Jim Gammon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Jul 2012 22:58:54 -0700
Hi Brady, welcome to the list and to ham radio.  It's a terrific
hobby! I've been through Bend Ore, even stayed there once or
twice on the way to relatives places.  Hope we can talk some day.
Will be up in Springfield this coming October playing a in a band
at the Trad Jazz Society of Oregon but that's another story.  I
don't think we could talk then because all I will have along is
an HT.  Maybe there's a repeater that will let us get over the
Cascades.
The home QTH is El Cerrito near San Francisco.  Have been blind
all my life so far and have been a ham since 1973.  Great hobby
with so many diverse ways of using radio.  Am sure you will meet
many terrific people as a result of it.  All the best, Jim
WA6EKS.