AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Emilie Songolo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Mar 2012 17:09:39 -0500
On behalf Esther, Hennssy and myself and Aliko, I want to thank everyone for all the support you have been giving the Memorial basketball program and our boys over the years. Many more of you from the African community came to games, emailed, texted, phoned and wrote to the boys, and talked to them in person. We think they stepped up their game thanks to your support. We cannot thank you enough for simply being there. As the saying goes, "it takes a village to raise a child."

Those who were present at last night's game or followed the TV or radio broadcasts witnessed the hard work, determination, discipline and good sportsmanship of our boys despite many adversities. We the parents are proud of the fact that they never let us down. They came out of the game with one of the best lessons in life: "sometimes you're the hammer and sometimes you're the nail." (Coach Steve Collins)

Again, thank you for your never-ending support in raising our children.
Peace,
--Emilie