Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
"Mike Duke, K5XU" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Jul 2012 19:36:51 -0500
Does anyone here remember those little CPO units that were sold by
Lafayette Radio and some other companies? The ones I'm talking about
had a key, with a buzzer, (not really an oscillator) mounted behind
the key, and a single D cell on the back end. The buzzer was covered
by what could have doubled as a plastic top to an aerosol can.

No matter how I adjusted mine, it always sounded somewhat like a
seriously dying cow.

One day I got tired of the D cell losing contact with the buzzer, so I
stuck a 6 volt lantern battery on it. That fixed the contact problem,
but just made the dying cow angry. This, you understand was long
before we knew anything about "mad cow disease."

All that ramble to say that I am putting together an "Introduction to
CW" program for my local radio club. If I can get my hands on one of
those noisemakers, it would be fun to show it off along with a few
keys, and a more industrial strength tube type oscillator that a
friend is bringing.

Mike Duke, K5XU