From:
"Garvey, Merissa" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Garvey, Merissa
Date:
Mon, 25 Jun 2012 16:21:40 +0000

Seeking Survey Participants for Stanford University Research on Celiac Teens Transitioning to College

The Celiac Disease Group at Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital at Stanford will be conducting a clinical research initiative to improve the quality of care for adolescents living with Celiac Disease and transitioning from home to college dorm living. We need the community’s participation!

  *           Visit our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/CeliacDiseaseLPCH
  *           Take the eligibility survey on our Facebook page
  *            The study will use Facebook and a series of 3 surveys (August, October & December)
  *             We are seeking biopsy-diagnosed teens heading to college
  *             We are also seeking non-celiac teens headed to college to take the survey as a control group

This initiative will investigate the rate of non-adherence to a gluten free diet in the transition from high school to college, determine changes in quality of life and also determine changes in digestive health. This study will ultimately improve the management and care of teens living with celiac disease and make their transition to dorm living on a gluten free diet easier and less stressful.

Visit our Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/CeliacDiseaseLPCH) to learn about the researchers involved, more about the study and to complete the eligibility survey. Thank you for your interest and together we can improve the care for teens living with Celiac Disease.

This project is under the direction of Dr. KT Park and Dr. Nasim Khavri, who are both renowned Board Certified Pediatric Gastroenterologists at Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital, as well as a team of researchers at Stanford University.

Respectfully,

Merissa Garvey
Research Assistant
Celiac Disease Group
Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital at Stanford
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This communication and any attachments may contain confidential or privileged information for the use by the designated recipient(s) named above.   If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this communication in error and that any review, disclosure, dissemination, distribution or copying of it or the attachments is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender  and destroy all copies of the communication and attachments.  Thank you. MSG:104-123

*******
*******