From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Jul 2012 20:53:25 -0400
I've always put  my own voice chips in my radios but most stores will for
you, it's all a case of what you're comfortable with. For me, to do it
myself is no big deal at all. Then, I'm glad I got used to doing it myself
because I don't see the financial situation ever improving to where I can
ever afford a new radio again and buying used I'd have to do it. Really
though as far as I know most stores will do it for you, I say it depends on
your comfort level. Heck if the store gave you a hard time and you were
willing, I'd say send it my way and I'd do it but I've never had a TS-480 so
I won't make that offer, I've done most of the rest of the Kenwood line at
one time or another though.