From:
colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Jun 2012 13:40:50 -0600
but you must understand that there are many levels of knowledge.
Most of the scripting lists are set up with pretty advanced levels of
knowledge in mind.
They are not advertized or promoted as beginner scripters lists.
it would be like joining a list for helicopter pilots, and asking "how do I
fly a helicopter"  there is no 4 line answer to that question.
Just like scripting, it takes years of practice and study to get to a point
where you understand the whole picture.
Reading a manual will help to establish the basics, and then you can go to
the guys who understand the advanced concepts for help.
When you are dealing with something that is highly technical in nature,
asking simple questions generally doesn't yield posative results.
 It's not that people are just being rude and disrespectful for the sake of
it, but that they really don't have weeks and months of time to help you
learn something that you could learn yourself by studying a manual and
tutorials recorded and written for that specific purpose.
You don't go on a mechanics list and ask how to rebuild an engine and expect
a short brief, pointed answer to your question.  It would take lots of self
study, practice and coaching to learn how to do that.
That's why people go to school for all this kind of stuff.  If it was just
as easy as asking on a list serve, schools would be out of business right?

73
Colin, V A6BKX