From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Jun 2012 13:04:37 -0400
A good UPS will fix the power outage issue unless it's for a few days but
then most have phone through the cable company or the fios like I have and
you run in to the same thing with those. I don't know anyone, well, let me
take that back, I only know one person with the old style phone system
through a phone company around here. There  may be more, but not many, in
fact we can't even find a trace of the box or anything on my house, I don't
know how long it's been gone but even the people putting in the fios asked
me where it was and I told them I haven't found one or any trace of one. I
find the phone to be an annoyance, if I didn't get so many calls from past
people's bill collectors, telemarketers even on the do not call list, and
all that I might actually not find it the annoyance it is  but if it wasn't
for having a kid around and horrible cell coverage, we wouldn't even have
home phone at all. In fact, if it wasn't for the baby, we wouldn't have it
but we need a reliable way, especially when he gets to school age and stuff
for them to get us so I guess we're stuck with it.