From:
Pat Byrne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Nov 2012 06:58:56 -0600
Well Tom, I completely understand and wish you will with the antenna.
A radio club friend stopped by last weekend and we did some
straightening out of the Windem.  It had sagged and got caught under
a roof shingle but with a bit of effort on both our parts and a 30
foot telescopic fiberglass pole, we dropped the west end of the wire,
hooked the stuck part and released it and I held it away from the
roof with the pole while Roberto pulled it back up in place.  So,
hopefully I am good for the winter.  A bit problematic with both ends
of the antenna in trees.  So my fingers are crossed.
And I'm trying to decide if I want an LDG tuner - cheapham.com has a
good deal on them and I think it would be more effective than the
internal tuners, but I don't really want to do it until after I buy
some Christmas presents, when I might no longer be able to afford one!!
Off to work for me as well.