From:
Michael Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Nov 2012 15:21:37 -0230
Hi John and all:

The ladder line in question came from a commercial type G5RV sold at Radio World in Toronto. It lists the line as 300 ohm. This line also has a transformer attached to it with 50 feet of coax.
Now, to my next post: I'm researching an antenna solution for my apartment. I'm only a casual op, where my 102 station is currently set up at my parents QTH and I'd like to move it into my spare bedroom of my apartment.
I'd like a quick deploy 40 to 10M antenna. something that I could place out side my window and temporarily run my coax in and when finished, simply take it down and put it away until next time.
Of course, it would be a bit of a pain to put up and take down each time I'd want to operate but that's life in an apartment. An antenna that doesn't require constant fiddling with alligator clips and coils for operating on each band but I suppose I could have a switch box built to handle that.
Our club uses a Hy-gain vertical which one of the members did this kind of mod. I'm checking into the model # but don't think Hy-gain makes this antenna any more. the house! LOL

73:

Michael De VO1AX