From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Sep 2012 14:19:55 -0600
bob, you don't actually need a yahoo ID to subscribe to yahoo group email
lists.
send a message to the exact email address I gave you:
with no subject, the word "subscribe" then a space, and your full email
address in the body of the email.
yahoo will fire back an email saying you have requested to subscribe to the
list and you can simply reply to that message to subscribe.
You will then get an email message from the group welcoming you etc.
This is how I've subscribed to yahoo groups for years and years without
using a yahoo ID.
If you get a message back saying something like that group doesn't exist, or
message cannot be sent, then you don't have the correct group name.
if you really want to create a yahoo ID, it's easy enough, you just have to
click on the get an audio challenge or something and type in what you
hear...listen to it a few times and you'll be able to pick it out.
but a yahoo ID or account isn't necesary to be subscribed to a group.
If you wish to access archived messages, group files etc, then you will need
an ID.

HTH

Also, I recommend you go into your email account settings and remove your
email address from the "reply to" field...

73
Colin, V A6BKX