From:
Buddy Brannan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Aug 2012 13:01:00 -0400
I haven't had my hands on either one, but the K3 is extremely expandable; you can add any of several filter combinations for cw/voice/data, and also AM and FM. You can add a second full receiver, and you can have the same filter compliment, or a different set if you'd rather, for the second receiver. Elecraft is always updating its firmware, too. While the 590 is probably somewhat expandable, I don't think it's quite as expandable, flexible, or configurable as the K3 is. Still, a fine rig, and I don't think anyone would go wrong with either one.
--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV - Erie, PA
Phone: (814) 860-3194 or 888-75-BUDDY