From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Aug 2012 16:17:13 -0400
Colin,

I'm using a Channel Master  9521A.    This has been up since 2004  and
seems to still be around, although the price has gone up since that
time.  Looks like now over $100.

It has a small control box with  3 digit red led display that someone
with some usable vision may be able to see.

On the box are   cc and ccw  buttons and a syncronize button.   It has
an IR remote control which has  a keypad as well as cc and ccw buttons.
   You can enter a 3 digit number in the remote (from 000 to 360) and it
will go there.   There is no way to tell where you are pointed except by
good memory or lucky guess.   There is an ability to enter  presets to
go to  often used headings, but I've never used that feature.

It uses a very light 3 conductor wire, almost like a phone line.  No
brake in the unit I think it will auto sync after a particular number of
uses, if you don't sync manually.

I'm actually using this to turn a 2 element tribander.  2 elements of a
Mosley TA-33 on a very short (4 ft) boom).  All this on a 20 ft.
telescoping mast.   A pretty third rate HF antenna, but I work the world
with it.  This is really overdoing it for that rotor, but it's still up
there and still turns the antenna until I can come up with something
better.   Actually have a Ham IV here, but not enough supporting
structure at this time.

73, Steve KW3A