From:
Ron Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Jul 2012 17:49:01 -0400
Happy Saturday!
Yes, I don't know if the metal painter's pole will have a huge effect on the
j-pole, but I suspect it will have some. Standing it off a bit should
minimize this effect. It would be very cool to see if someone could help you
make one from measuring tape steel, with, perhaps some kind of clips to
attach the pieces. You could mount the thing literally on top of your pole
but take it down, roll it up and put it in a pack. I once saw a 12-inch
ruler made of this stuff, only about three times as wide as a normal
measuring tape so if you flattened it out it would spring into a fat roll
and if you straightened it out, it would take on the characteristic curve of
metal tape measures and remain stiff.

I like the idea a lot but don't have a clue where to get the stock.

73

Ron Miller