From:
Harry Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Jun 2012 17:05:19 -0400
Hi all,
I first want to say, that I do appreciate the help I've gotten on this list.
It's a great list to be a part of.
However, secondly, I do not appreciate comments like, how I got my license and that kind of stuff.
First of all, folks, you all surely know, right? That most people don't get their license to build kits, or to be technical. I'm not saying here, that, technical information isn't good for people. I'm just saying you go ask every ham in your local area, "So, why did you get your license in the first place? They'll probably tell you, "I got it because I saw how much fun ham radio is, and I wanted to get on the air and talk to other people, or, to get in contests, etc.
Now, some people get their licenses because they're technical, but many don't.
We have a problem in the ham community, and, we have it in the computer community as well. When someone asks how to solve a problem, technically, so many people get an attitude like, "how did you get your license?" Or, in the computer community, they say, "you're an iddiot, can't you figure out how to do things with your computer, what's wrong with you?"
That's why many people don't join computer lists, or ham radio lists, because the people that are on those lists look down on, or, they have no patients with anyone.
I see it in the ham community, and I see it in the computer community.
So, let's not look down on, or get an attitude with anyone, weather on ham radio, or, on computers.
In case you all forgot, we all as I tell folks, so offten on computer lists, when someone asks, "I hope all won't laugh at me, or this is probably a dumb question"". There is no dumb question. Not everybody is a techy. When I'm on the air with someone, I don't ask them, "So, how much do you know about building rigs, or, how much do you know about antennas, etc?"
Let's just help each other out, in the ham community, or in the computer community, alright?
Trippy, ac8s