Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Sat, 15 Sep 2012 19:27:23 -0400
7bit
From:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
depending on where you got the adaptor, you may need to go on the
manufacturer's website.  I am using Windows 7.  I recently bought two more
Gigaware (Radio Shack) USB-to-Serial converters.  They came with CD's which
included drivers.  There was no Windows 7 driver, but the Vista driver
worked.  This week, when Windows updates came in, I found that there was
also an update to my Gigaware drivers.

Once you think you have your drivers installed,go to Device Manager and see
what COM port number was assigned to the adaptor.  If it is not compatible
with your software, you can change it.  Know what it is before attempting to
connect to the radio.