Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 12 Sep 2012 00:44:46 -0600
7bit
Sender:
From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
perhaps.
However, as long as we are acting and behaving in response to what we
believe are others perceptions, it only reenforces and promotes those very
perceptions.
Don't rock the boat, and you might be allowed to stay on right?
That is giving the power and control to others to decide how you will behave
and what decisions you will make.
I don't want the people in control to take something away from me, so I'll
keep my head down and follow their rules to the letter so they don't notice
me.
So you think that this free matter for the blind service is perceived by
others as just another hand out, or that it is some how not deserved?
I suspect, as you say, it serves such a small minority that no one, short of
the postal workers, some blindness related organizations, and only a portion
of blind people even know it exists.
it's not about bending the rules for the sake of it, it's about not becoming
subject to the perceptions and beliefs of others merely to keep a service
that is disability specific.
I'd rather give something up, than be thought of as having less power than
the next person.

anyway this could go on for a long time and we'll probably not agree in the
end on these root issues.

73
Colin, V A6BKX