From:
Medresearch <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Medresearch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Sep 2011 18:01:04 -0400

Some of you may be aware of this, but I was totally shocked to learn
this today from the manager at a Wendy's in northeastern PA.

After ordering I told the manager I was glad they have baked potatoes,
and also that they fry their french fries separate from their breaded
items like chicken.  He asked me to come to the side and told me if I
have allergen concerns, I should know that they do have two fryers
dedicated to french fries, and one dedicated to chicken nuggets and
such.  But each night they screen the oil, and the oil gets mixed.  So
the oil in the french fryer today could have been all or in part used in
the chicken nugget fryer yesterday.

I was under the impression they were separate, and that Wendys used a
different kind of oil for the fries, but the mgr. there said no.   I
have had continuing digestive issues, and one of the places I could have
been getting gluten was from Wendy's fries apparently.  I don't know if
this is the practice for all the restaurants or just this location and
plan to contact the company.

Does anyone on the list have definitive information about this?

Thanks
Paula in PA