From:
Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Apr 2012 12:46:48 -0400
Jim wrote:
 >Putting aside the Vitamin D numbers,

What are they? I have tested Vitamin D for years. The tests had
always been free, but this year they hit me for $278. It will be my last one.

I supplement with 5,000 units a day. I have never had a Vitamin D
test in the Summer. I have noticed over the years the range has gone
up. It now is 40-100. My last two tests were 59.

I see recommendations to taking 1,000-2,000 units a day. But no one
has shown me any testing that shows that this is enough to get up
into the range.

Toxicity is over 10,000 units a day. My plans are to continue with my
5,000 into the future. It is possible in the Summer I am higher
within the range, but I don't see a reason to take less then.

Loren Cordain in his The Paleo Answer suggests 2,000 units, but
stopping when out in the sun. I haven't finished the book, so I
haven't yet asked him if he has tested. (After I finish I have a long
list of comments and questions.)

Don.