From:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 19 Jun 2012 21:57:07 -0400
I use N1MM and Window-Eyes 7.5.4.1 for all my contest and DX logging.  I
recommend that you download a copy, set it up for the Field Day contest, and
play around with it.  You don't want to be doing screen reader configuration
in the heat of battle while your club is depending on you.  I created a
special speak window so I would be alerted when a duplicate QSO was being
made.  I think I also have the spacebar acting as a cursoring key, reading
Field Name when activated.  Of course, this generates extra speech, which I
must silence with the CTRL key.  When the program is communicating with your
rig, the title bar shows your current frequency and mode.  There is a lot of
configuring which could be done which I have never gotten around to.  If I
remember correctly, you type the call sign of the station you worked, the
space bar, the class of the station, another space, and the section name,
followed by the Enter key to log the QSO.  It is possible to edit previous
QSOs, but this wastes some time.You may want to put the mouse pointer in
certain areas of the screen in order to know that you are in the field you
think you're in.  And I've never used N1MM in a networked multi-multi
operation; that might be problematic also.
73,
Lloyd Rasmussen, W3IUU, Wheaton, Maryland
Home:  http://lras.home.sprynet.com
Work:  http://www.loc.gov/nls