From:
"David W Wood (G3YXX)" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 30 May 2012 23:04:42 +0100
Further to my previous

Traps can be unreliable if they aren't properly encapsulated.

I have a g8kw trap dipole (similar to the w3dzz) which I have had for 35 years and often used in temporary situations.
Originally it was fed with 75 ohm coax, now with 75 ohm twin into a 1 to 1 balun.
As mentioned previously, it doesn't resonate on the WARC bands, but can be tuned through an ATU.

Radiation against resonance!

As much resonant wire or metal as high as possible is the key, but we are here talking about a field situation.

73

Atb

David W Wood

Ham call - G3YXX