Date:
Sun, 15 Apr 2012 16:11:49 -0500
I've been Phinney-ing it lately.  Here's a good example of a daily meal for the last eighteen days: four eggs, three slices of bacon in the morning; skip lunch; a pound of 75% lean grassfed burger and some greens for dinner.  Been feeling fantastic and losing weight.

I'm on Pinterest last night and I see Rob Wolfe's Paleo Solution Quick Start Guide to Paleo which says, "Stock up on espresso, teas and mineral water as these are your beverages of choice."  So I think, hey, I"ve been eating almost perfectly, maybe I'm going overboard by excluding coffee, it'd be nice to have a cup or two on a Sunday morning.  So I did.

The effect was nothing short of disastrous.  Aching joints, irritability, soreness, red eyes, gastric distension.  And a deep depression.  Oh, and SLEEPINESS/WEARINESS.

It's not the caffeine as I have lots of green tea most days.  The stuff is just as bad as if I'd eaten, oh I don't know, a biscuit with honey.

Jim