From:
"Howard, W A 9 Y B W" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Aug 2012 22:38:07 -0500
Tom,

Let me try to help you with the power connector plug for your TS570 and
TS590.

First, the connector for the 570 is a six position connector, however, only
4 of the six positions are used.  Only the left two columns are used as
viewed from the front of the radio.

The connector for the 590 is a 4 position connector and all 4 are used.

Next, the place where you need to press in order to remove the connector is
at different places on the respective connectors.

On the 570 do the following:

With the front of the radio facing you, on the top of the connector locate
the tab that can be depressed.  The tab is located on the top of the
connector, in the center, left-to-right just above the wire on the right in
the top row of wires.

The tab is on top at the back of the plug just above the right most wire.

Put your index finger on the bottom of the plug and the tip of your thumb on
the tab and squeeze and pull back away from the radio.

The best way to see how this locking thingie works is to unplug the plug and
examine it as you squeeze the connector as described above.

For the 590 the place where you squeeze is located toward the front of the
plug instead of the back, and it is not as obvious and does not depress as
much.

Again, examine the plugs while disconnected while you squeeze so as to see
how they work.

The plug for the 570 is easier to work and I can squeeze using my thumb and
little finger to remove it.  It is that easy once you understand how it
works.

I hope this helps.

73

Howard #3