From:
Robert C <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Jul 2012 23:24:26 -0700
Howdy everyone,
	After our club meeting tonight, I want to work out the best way to stay
connected.

	Being deafblind, I need to find a method where I can be alerted when
emergencies arise here. Here are a couple scenarios that some of you
might relate to.

	One, I have a cochlear implant in one ear, other ear is deaf. I have an
alerting system that tells me when doorbell is pushed or landline phone
rings. I ignore the landline phoine when in bed. We talked about perhaps
using a radio dedicated to our selected emergency channel and in my
case, perhaps rig a bed shaker to it. That way I have no doubt I want to
get up and respond. Any other possible ideas?

	Second, when I am up and about, I want a way to receive particular
alerts. Cell phones can receive text messages. If I had an iPhone (which
I am considering) would it be possible to have text alerts ring? I am
not sure how this works on those phones since I dont ahve one yet. But I
need a way to know when an alert comes in from the county. One can
assign special ringtones to contacts. Can this be done for incoming text
messages? Does this make sense?

	I realize there is no perfect solution that will work all the time.
Most of the time would be acceptable. Thanks.

Quote of the nanosecond...
JAWDIP
"Just Another Wonderful Day In Paradise"
Robert & Dreamer Doll  ke7nwn
E-mail-
Home Page-
http://webpages.charter.net/dog_guide/