From:
Michael Thurman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Jul 2012 17:24:24 -0400
I could use one of those tuning aids as well  although my tuner is modified so I can hear the voltages in the cross needle meter  that works quite well also   I will explain that more later  but the simple explanation to how I do it is I wire the two meter movements into the line input of an audio amplifier   as I tune the tuner I can hear both forward and reflected power  one on the left and one on the right as white noise or modulation    the background room noise is plenty to hear on the amplifier and you get to hear not only when the reflected power is the least, but when the forward power is maximum  which can happen at more than one setting.  I only use the tuner for 60 meters as the auto tuner in my kenwood is perfectly ine for the rest of the bands.   if you want more info let me know