From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Jun 2012 22:18:40 -0400
That's the nature of BNC connectors, you're right a new one will only do the
same thing. I have a scanner like that as well, the one in my sun room and
as long as you can secure the antenna to something, or make something like I
did to go on the antenna and down on the top of the scanner, not much on top
of it just enough to hold the antenna straight, that should be fine.