From:
Butch Bussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Jun 2012 17:08:46 -0700
Not recommended to use these on solid state devices.  All they do is
short circuit the battery.  If you look at the tip, there is a small
gap, and when you touch it to what you are soldering, it shorts out the
battery.  You can put the battery voltage across a solid state junction
if you're not careful.  Works fairly well for small wires.
73
Butch
WA0VJR
Node 3148