From:
Harvey Heagy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 May 2012 20:02:13 -0500
I did get those updates to install, but I guess they installed after I shut
down the computer and booted up again because they are no longer waiting to
be installed.

And just to keep everyone posted: Don and I went to Jim's apartment to see
what was happening with his computer.  Wouldn't you know it, the first time
he booted it up it booted up perfectly.  So Don took a look at the updates,
and while there were a lot of them, he installed them and even though he
shut it down and rebooted several times to test it out, it seemed to work
fine and was working fine when we left.  When I got back home, I called him
to check up on him, and the same problem was happening again.  It said that
System Access was unable to start and so on.  I told him that since after
resting it for three days it booted up fine, let it rest for an hour or two
and see if that clears up the problem.  We are testing out NVDA and System
Access to see which one will work better for him, but I don't think it is a
conflict between screen readers because NVDA never did boot up talking.
Harvey