VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
peter altschul <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 May 2012 16:59:30 -0500
 ---- Original Message ------
From: "John McCann" <[log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [leadership] Regarding An Accessible HD Radio
Date sent: Sat, 19 May 2012 16:51:19 -0400

As regards accessible HD radios, this past April 28, Mike Duke
wrote on this
(the ACBRA) list:

"All I can say right now is that a major company, with many local
outlets
across the country, is set to announce a new accessible HD radio
within the
next month."

Well, apparently more can now be said; Insignia has produced, and
Best Buy
will market, an accessible HD radio / alarm clock, featuring dual
alarms, 10
AM and 20 FM presets, and access to radio reading services
carried on HD
channels!  Release is scheduled for July; preorders may be placed
now;
price, $99.00.

For details, go to:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/05/18/idUS150650+18-May-2012+