Date:
Sat, 16 Feb 2013 06:46:05 -0800

Please join us Monday night Feb 18th at 6:30pm at Marlene's in Federal Way,
WA

Cynthia Kupper, RD and Executive Director of GIG (Gluten Intolerance Group)
will speak at Marlene's this Monday Feb. 18, 2013! Get all your questions
answered!

As you know, the Gluten Intolerance Group is known nationally for its
programs and the info it provides about coping with gluten-related
disorders. GIG operates a very highly regarded certification program for
restaurants, provides an authoritative list of gluten and non-gluten
ingredients, and sponsors an annual national conference that presents the
latest scientific and dietary information related to gluten-related
disorders. Here in South King County, we are fortunate that GIG national
headquarters is next door in Auburn.

Ms. Kupper worked more than 12 years as a diabetes educator for a large
Puget Sound medical center while volunteering for GIG during its formative
years.

Please join us Monday night Feb 18th at 6:30pm at Marlene's in Federal Way.
Marlene's is just off the 320th exit of the I-5 freeway. If coming south on
I-5, take the 320th exit, turn R at end of ramp, make fairly quick R into a
complex with a Pier I and Black Angus. Stay to R and go around to the back;
make a L into parking and look for Marlene's, below.

If coming north on I-5, take the 320th exit, get in the 2nd LH turn lane so
that when you turn L and go over the freeway you'll be in position to make a
R into the complex (follow above directions).

Marlene's closes at 8; so, if you want to shop (and there is a cafe), you'll
want to get there earlier, perhaps, though there is always time to buy items
post-meeting.

The South King County Gluten Free group meets the 3rd Monday of the month,
every month except December, at 6:30 p.m. on the 2nd floor of Marlene's.
It's free! At most meetings, we have marvelous speakers, though sometimes we
just talk, get to know each other, and exchange info and recipes. We also
have arranged stimulating "field trips" to local restaurants and grocery
stores that carry great gluten free sections. Occasionally we have GF
goodies provided by merchants.

Our speakers range the gamut: we've hosted respected dietitians, restaurant
owners/managers, grocery store managers, yoga instructors, and naturopaths.
We are a group of caring people who have various food allergies,
intolerances, and sensitivities, and we are all volunteers contributing to
this group "just because."

Marlene's Market & Deli

2565 S Gateway Center Pl

Federal Way, WA 98003