From:
Linda Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Linda Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Feb 2013 14:36:13 -0500

Listmates (and others)

I keep Minsley Cooked Organic Quinoa in my pantry.  4.2 oz bowls....no frig needed.  Without anything in it, it can be pretty bland, but I find it handy for traveling and on our sailboat, and when I just don't have time to make quinoa on the stove.  (It's the white kind.  When I cook, I try to use the darker color quinoas, because I read they're packed with more nutrition.)

For a stupid-easy lunch....this is what I added to one of the packets of quinoa (but, of course, it works with leftovers)

a small package of tuna
a handful of Brads Raw Leafy Kale ("Nasty Hot" flavor...wasn't all that hot)...This kind has jalapeno peppers and vegan cheese.  Can use any flavor kind.
a sliced up tomato
sprinkle of oregano flakes
generous sprinkle of tumeric powder (I use this spice a lot.  It's a natural anti-inflammaroy and doesn't really have a flavor.  Turns stuff yellow.)
a couple of splashes of olive oil

For those who read my posts, you know I use whatever is on hand.  My Fitness Pal app said this came to 441 calories, but it's really healthy.   If I had more time, I might have tossed in shredded cheese or other vegetables or pine nuts, etc.  but I was late for an appointment, and wanted something healthy, on the fly.  I don't skip meals....and I don't eat junk food.

This looks like it would keep if you pre-made it and took it with you.

Lin