Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 28 Sep 2011 07:41:36 -0700
Sender:
From:
beth kassis <[log in to unmask]>

Hello All,

My 18 year old daughter Allison, is a freshman in college at USD this year. She has Celiac Disease and Hashimoto's Thyroiditis and has been diagnosed with Type 1 "pre-diabetes".

Right now she is testing her blood sugar levels every day.  She has a new Endo Dr. in the San Diego area who is running some more tests for diabetes and he will prescribe a treatment for her in early November.  It is likely that Allison will be taking insulin shots after that.

Allison's dr. has recommended that she see a Nutritionist to begin education on how to manage carb counting and insulin in the meantime so that she is informed when the times comes.

I would like to find a Nutritionist who is well informed about the Gluten Free diet as carb counting gluten free foods will be very important for Allison.  We have noticed that her blood sugar is particularly high after eating gluten free breads.

Does anyone know of a good Nutritionist in the San Diego area that is knowledgeable of the gluten free diet and diabetes?

Thanks so much in advance,

Beth
El Dorado Hills, CA