From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Aug 2012 12:02:46 -0600
what is truly puzzling is why it was showing a short before.
tom said the center was raised and away from objects before, so the center
feedpoint and insulator couldn't have been shorting against some metal
object.
One of the insulated legs was wrapped around some metal, but still, that
wouldn't cause a short across the feedline.
I guess one shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth, or tempt Murphy to
make a follow up visit eh?
I'm glad it's working well now though.
Your not going to get the performance of a 6 element mono bander at 200 feet
obviously, but if you can make contacts into europe, tune on most parts of
most of the bands, and have a bit of fun, then you are fine.
It's a field antenna so should be expected to perform like one.
apparently it performs beyond expectations.

73
Colin, V A6BKX