From:
Harry Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Jul 2012 04:11:01 -0400
Hi all,
The following, is a letter I sent to Pat, wa0tda, and I thought you other cw ops would love to hear it as well!
Hi Pat,
Regarding the article about w0glu, and the Tentec Century 21 cw rig, (handiham World, 7 September 2011), all I can say is, WHAT A RIG!!!!
What a rig indeed! My first wonderful meeting with this cw rig, was at a field day in 1984, with the Kalamazoo County amateur radio club, call sign w8vy.
It was a Sunday morning, and after breakfast, (yes, I stayed there over night), one of the guys asked, "Trippy, ya want to try out a new cw rig?"
Now, anyone who knows me well, you don't want to ask me if I want to try out another cw rig, because I will take you up on it!
"Sure do!" I told him, lead the way!"
So, he took me over to a trailler, and inside, I heard one of the greatest receivers I ever heard!
"So, what kinda rig is it?" I asked.
"It's a Tentec Century 21, ever heard of it?"
"no, I haven't, but I'm game!"
So, I sat down infront of this fine cw rig.
What a rig, and what a receiver, very very sensative!
"So, what band we on?" I asked.
"20, he said, and it's all tuned up and ready for your use!"
Oh my goodness, did he know what he was getting himself into?
So, I started working them, one after the other!
Folks, the receive on this rig is so sensative, you can hear any station, even in the noise!
Oh, and the built in keyer, oh my goodness, what a rig!
Yes folks, that's one rig I'll never forget!
And any time someone mentions that tentec Century 21 rig, just like Pat mentioned in the eletter, I will always talk about that rig, to anyone!
73,
Trippy, ac8s