From:
Tom Brennan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 May 2012 10:39:14 -0500
I'm still amazed by all this talk about "accessible" stuff.  It may be able to
be accessed if you use a computer but that's not the same as a "good talking
weather station".  Computer access means that where sighted folks go out and get
on that they can use out of the box we have to drop a couple thousand extra to
get access to the thing and then only if we have it hooked up to a computer with
its screen access program installed.

Actually, the NOAA stations provide pretty good accessible weather info.
Something like the ts2000 will receive that 162 meg range on its secondary
receiver and still allow you to do whatever you need with the primary receiver
and transmitter.

Tom

Tom Brennan  KD5VIJ, CCC-A/SLP
web page http://titan.sfasu.edu/~g_brennantg/sonicpage.html