From:
"Bob, K8LR" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob, K8LR
Date:
Thu, 24 May 2012 11:13:20 -0400
Hi Phil,

I have a Magicjack plus and it works GREAT!  You'll need sighted help to set
up the unit when you plug it in to yourUSB port on your computer as the
screen that comes up is very graphical.  Once your account is set up, you
unplug the Magicjack plus and hook it up to your router, its power supply
and your phone line and your good to go.  If you want to port your number to
Magicjack, it costs another $10.00 and takes a few dayd to switch over, but
it works GREAT.

I had to do two things before I was happy with the performance of the unit.
I turned up the speaker output upto maximum and set the mic up to about two
thirds of full output.  The only other thing that you have to get used to is
that you always have to enter the area code even in your local area.  But I
sure like the $19.95 per year phone rate, but you have to buy 5 years at a
time to get that rate now.

Bob, K8LR, [log in to unmask]