From:
Harvey Heagy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 May 2012 14:31:18 -0500
I am too.  I spent the better part of Saturday setting up his email and
trying to make sure he had the most current updates.  I don't know if it was
a service pack installation or not that caused the glitch, but we hope to
find that out on Wednesday.  He is a bit rusty on the keyboard and on things
he learned during his computer course he took at UNO, but hopefully once he
gets going he can get back in the grove.

I don't understand NVDA because it works differently than Jaws does, and I
don't know how to configure it to boot his computer up talking, or how to
make it work more like Jaws or if that is even possible.  For one thing,
when you arrow down in the inbox, instead of arrowing through the emails, it
goes character by character in whatever message you are reading.  I am
trying to research it, but he may get System Access if this 7 day trial
works out.  We'll have to ask them to reset it since he lost two to three
days while the computer was down.  We are both hoping he doesn't have to do
a system restore, or need a new hard drive.  73.
Harvey