From:
Bob Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 May 2012 14:41:51 -0400
Great, Jim:

I also started as a SWL and even organized a SWL club at school.  My friend
in 6th grade had an old Zenith Transoceanic and we spent hours listening to
it in our yard as it had batteries as well as AC.  After my father died, we
went to live with my aunt and uncle for a short while.  They had an old RCA
AM console with Short Wave.  Even later, my mom got a job housekeeping and
cooking for a very well off family.  Their radio also picked up the HAM
bands.  Signals there were AM, not SSB.  Got my ticket in 1977.

73:
Bob Martin
KC3FI

EchoLink Node - 55127