From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Apr 2012 22:13:39 -0400
Tom,

There are 16 or 17 different Kenwood rigs that use the same 7 pin din
and pin outs are all the same.    As we discussed a while back, only the
TS-430 and 530 do not get 12 vdc to power the buffer from pin 7 of the
din, and these 2 would need external power.   Otherwise  all pin outs
are identical and  all the other radios power the buffer  from the radio
via the din .

So, use the 590 cable and enjoy.

73, Steve KW3A