From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Apr 2012 15:17:09 -0400
Ed,

 From the Kenwood site:

You can check the firmware version of your TS-590S by pressing [M.IN] +
Power ON.
The firmware version appears in the center of the LCD display.

I don't think this speaks, so you may need sighted help.  If this isn't
an option for you, you can run the firmware updating software, as though
you are going to do an update.   The software will tell you what the
existing version is, and allow you to back out  if you wish.

73, Steve KW3A